Subject: kernel-by-email
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/1995 12:29:23
Hmm, well, I finally got around to doing the mail-filter thing (I've been
busy).  Now that I know how, I've got a few q's for ppl:

1) Anyone know of a better filter program than the filter that comes with
elm?  It doesn't make it easy to scan Cc: lines for things like current-users.

2) Has anyone looked into how secure taking a config file and compiling a
kernel would be?  My main two concerns are inclusion of arbitrary files by
using the config program, and execution of arbitrary commands.  The latter
could probably be taken care of by su'ing to a special user/group and
chrooting, but I'm wary of chrooting... any special considerations, aside
from avoiding s[ug]id programs in the chrooted area?
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Vax es mi nombre, queso es mi juego.                  - PGP key on request