Subject: Re: Software porting issues, or "Does anyone still use 0.9a?"
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.tujunga.ca.us.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 03/06/1995 12:12:17

>    I'm not sure what to do about this state of affairs.
>
> My solution to this particular problem would be to add the features
> you want to our own fstat(8), and not bother with lsof.

In this case I don't agree; this smacks of Not Invented Here syndrome.

I don't know the origins of fstat(8), but lsof is a more mature program,
it provides more useful information than fstat(8), and it is ported to a wide
variety of O/S platforms.

Anyway, the answer is moot because thanks to pk, lsof 3.21 now fully supports
NetBSD 1.0 and 1.0A/-current.  It's available from

	ftp://vic.CC.Purdue.EDU/pub/tools/unix/lsof/lsof_3.21_W.tar.{gz,Z}

I think there are pre-built binaries for -current (i386 and SPARC, at least)
alongside (in .../lsof/binaries/netbsd) as well.

	- Greg