Subject: Re: config options
To: Randy Terbush <>
From: Scott Bartram <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/1995 22:33:43
In message <>Randy Terbush writes
>> COMPAT_HPUX		# HP-UX binary compatibility
>> COMPAT_IBCS2		# Intel Binary Compatibility
>> COMPAT_OHPUX		# Needed at least through HP-UX 7.05
>> COMPAT_SUNOS		# Support to run Sun (m68k) executables
>> COMPAT_SVR4		# System V R4 compatibility
>> COMPAT_ULTRIX		# compatibility with ULTRIX binaries
>Could someone comment on the state of thes binary compatibility options?
>Last I tried (last weekend) IBCS2 would not compile.

Are you trying to compile under -current? I have done some additional work
to the IBCS2 code for 1.0 but I haven't finished making the changes to
the -current tree yet. Hopefully, by the end of the week.

FYI - I've run most of the binaries from SCO ODT version 2 & 3 (including
network and X programs) and several 3rd party programs including Informix,
Builder Xcessory, and WordPerfect 6.0.

If anyone wants the patches for 1.0, let me know.

Scott Bartram                    Orion Software Inc.                 4404 Cavalcade Ct.
301-930-3113                     Burtonsville, MD 20866