Subject: sup problems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/1995 21:46:28
I would like to upgrade from 1.0 to -current, but I can't get sup to
work.  Here's what I did:

1) Got supkit.tar.gz from ftp.netbsd.org.
2) 'make && make install' in .../supkit/sup
3) Connect to the 'net via PPP
4) 'sup -fv supfile.netbsd'

sup starts up and states that it is getting allsrc files modified
since Dec 31 1969 21:00, but then nothing else ever seems to happen.
Both pppstats and 'tcpdump tcp port 871' show that packets are flowing
back and forth, but no bits ever hit the disk.

Can anyone help me with this?  I would provide more information, but I
don't know what would be significant.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>       PGP 2.6.2 public key signature:
VLSI Design Engineer                  CCBF225E7D3F7ECB2C8F7ABB15D9BE7B