Subject: Re: uhm
To: thecure <mda@lame.mame.mu.oz.au>
From: John Evans <john@hillnet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/1995 15:04:01
On Sat, 4 Mar 1995, thecure wrote:

> > Great, so on top of the problems with my SLIP caused by the X window
> > system, now I'm getting these errors:
> >
> > Mar  3 15:29:51 hillnet inetd[70]: pmap_set: 100008 1 17 1027: Address already in use
> >
> > And the SLIP will die.  No apparent reason, no load, etc.
>
> I found this happened when I was connecting two ppp devices. It didn't
> break anything ( that I could see ) - and left it alone.

Well, the problem is my SLIP was perfectly stable for a while, then
about five times in a row a couple mornings ago, I'd get one of these
errors and the slip would die at the same time.  and then about 5 times
that night.  Now it seems stable again.  For one thing I'm really
confused since no one was doing anything weird on the system and nothing
changed as far as configuration, etc.  Aside from that it's rather
worrysome because I need a stable environment for my business.

-
John