Subject: Re: config options
To: Aleksi (Metalite) Suhonen a.k.a Axu <ams@lenkkari.cs.tut.fi>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/04/1995 16:37:40
> This raises a question in me tho. Is the (new?) Linux compatibility code
> Only for PC Clones or does it work on Amigas too?

It could probably be made to work on an m68k8k box (not just an amiga)
relatively easily, assuming that all of the syscall numbers,
arguments, semantics, etc., are the same between i386 linux and m68k
linux.  (it's not at all clear that this is the case, however; last i
looked, the m68k branch of the linux tree was in an entirely different
source tree, etc.)

If they have the same syscalls, then you should only need to write
support into the syscall handler and signal delivery code, etc.

If they don't, it won't be trivial.

cgd