Subject: Re: More defines (fwd)
To: thecure <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/04/1995 10:07:31
>Are there any nasty side effects to DUMMY_NOPS?

I've been using DUMMY_NOPS in every machine I run NetBSD on, for well
over a year.

Any machine with fairly decent/current hardware will not need
DUMMY_NOPS.  Realistically, you should only need DUMMY_NOPS for really
old or really poorly designed slow hardware.

  Michael L. VanLoon
     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...