Subject: Re: Some problems compiling libg++-2.6.2 on NetBSD1.0 i486
To: Douglas Thomas Crosher <dtc@scrooge.ee.swin.oz.au>
From: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@nirvana.good.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/1995 19:15:02
> 2.
> 	The other major problem is that the typedef for _G_fpos_t is
> defined in terms of quad_t early in _G_config.h; at this point quad_t
> is not defined so the compilation breaks.  On NetBSD i486 a quad_t is
> a long long; as a hack just replace quad_t with long long.

This is caused because the script limits things to a single level of
substitution.  There is a comment that looping until it doesn't change
is more appropriate.  I fixed the script to loop and reexpand once, so that
quad_t (and other derived types) ultimately got replaced by all elementary
types.  I lost the patch in a boneheaded rm and haven't recreated it
since.

I hadn't noticed the errors on the 16 bit types though, thanks.
--
Mark