Subject: order of compiling/variables for -current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Willey <mwilley@hillres142.cc.purdue.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/01/1995 10:18:15
Sorry to ask, as I know my first question has been covered:

I *thought* I had the sequence down, but could someone mail me an order in
which tom compile different things and "what to type" to go from 1.0 or old
current to -current?

Secondly, I have my 1.0 on wd0a,e (/,/usr) and -current on wd1a,e
(/oroot,/oroot/usr)  I want to compile using /oroot/usr/include and put the
results in /oroot/usr.  I am using DESTDIR=/oroot and that seems to do the
target thing, but how to make the Makefiles use /oroot/usr/bin/as and
/oroot/usr/include?  Is there a nice variable like DESTDIR?  I'd like it to
totally ignore my / and just do everything from /oroot.

Maybe I should make a chroot-/oroot shell???  ;-)

Mark

--
      Ask me about FREE UNIX and X for your PC/Mac/Sun/Amiga/etc...
              mwilley@hillres142.cc.purdue.edu  Mark Willey