Subject: Advice and/or guide to laying out filesystems?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joe Ammond <Joe.Ammond@ee.gatech.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/1995 10:06:52
I'm rebuilding my 1.0 box, and I was curious if anyone had any advice for
laying out filesystems and swap space.  My machine is a 486DX2/66 with 8M
of RAM, soon to be 16.  I have two Wren IV disks attached (old large and slow,
but they work), and I'd like to maximize them as much as possible.

Right now I've got /, swap, /usr, and /var on 1, /usr/local and /usr/local/home
on the second (I can't remember why I split the last two).  I've also got
a swap partition on the second drive that I mount MFS onto /tmp.  I'm curious
if I really need it, or if just having a larger swap on the first drive and
mounting it onto /tmp would be better.

Thanks for any advice,

ja.
--