Subject: Compaq drivers?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/1995 11:41:34
I know it's probably pointless even asking, but...

Has anyone seen anywhere a beta (or even working) driver for NetBSD
(or even FreeBSD or Linux) for Compaq Proliant servers with Compaq
SCSI RAID-Array controllers?

At work, they'd like to set up four unix boxes to do some stuff.
She'd like to use NetBSD, by my recommendation.  Unfortunately, we
just found out, the machines have to be these Proliants with the
Compaq RAID-Array, because they're going to be rack-mounted with
existing equipment.

She can use BSDI, but she doesn't really like BSDI, because she had
some problems with it earlier.

I wonder if I could use the BSDI disk driver...  Anyone have any
porting tips on getting BSDI drivers working under NetBSD?

Thanks for any help...

				--Michael

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...