Subject: Re: Latest CERT advisory on telnet vs. Kerberos
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/1995 16:22:41
> I just don't get it....  Why is it called "domestic"?

because it's restricted to 'current-countly' -- i.e. no foreign.

You might say, "well, that's a US thing only", but it's not.  i
believe it's also a canadian thing, and i know it's an australian
thing, too.

> Also, why strip out the enabling hooks in an application?  There's no
> actual encryption technology encoded in there....

_NO_ authentication hook were removed; as you've noted, there's no
encryption technology in there.

However, last i checked, you _weren't_ allowed to export software that
did include hooks for drop-in encryption.

cgd