Subject: A few things about the new audio stuff on '386en
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <r-boni@uiuc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/1995 15:52:12
First of all, a big thank you to John Brezak and company!  The new audio stuff
seems quite nice and *actually works* for me, something the previous
incarnation could not claim.

Second: I whined about my SB/16 losing it's soft-config on reboot a while back.
This still seems to be the case.  Why it happens, I still don't know, but I
hacked up the driver to "jog the card's memory" on bootup, so now things seem
a bit happier.  If anyone is seeing similar problems with SB/16s [especially
the new, jumperless kind] drop me a line.  The main sumptom of this is not
being able to play anything at all, since the card doesn't generate interrupts.

Lastly: Whenever I play .au files, they come out very "scratchy", with something
like a 60Hz hum (but much lower in freq.) overlaid onto the sound.  Ideas on
where this could be stemming from appreciated.

	Once again, kudos to all involved in the re-write!
								--rafal

| In search of the stress-strain relationship governing  |/|       Rafal Boni |
| students of mechanics... Experimentally.               |\|  r-boni@uiuc.edu |