Subject: Re: PEOPLE WITHOUT CRYPT(), BEWARE!!!
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/1995 10:07:36
"cgd" == "Chris G Demetriou"

cgd> This change is also accompanied by a minor reorganization of the
cgd> source tree: a new hierarchy, /usr/src/domestic, has been created, for
cgd> sources which aren't exportable from the US.  none of the "for export" sup
cgd> distributions include this directory, and (since it is a top-level
cgd> hierarchy in the source tree) it is a separate tar file.  It's
cgd> expected that if you're supping or ftping from outside the US, you'll
cgd> only take files which are exportable.

Chris, can you provide us with a list of files and changes that need to be
made to implement a non-US (specifically an Australian) version of
/usr/src/domestic? That way I can keep my code in `sync' except for the
replaced version of non_braindead_crypt.c...

A note for people using the Australian mirror (netbsd.rmit.edu.au):
The above change will not affect the tree on this machine; the version
of crypt() there is still FreeSec by David Burren. Once I work out how
to make a `/usr/src/domestic' (with FreeSec), the change will occur but
no command will be affected in functionality. Until then, don't worry...

PS: Note that FreeSec *cannot* be exported outside of Australia at this
time...

--
Luke Mewburn, <lm@cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
`Think of it as Evolution in Action.' - "Oath of Fealty", Niven & Pournelle