Subject: Re: Terminal Servers
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/1995 15:04:37
Hi all

While reading the terminal server thread a question surfaced in my mind...

I need to purchase a dail-in solution for our campus network, I was
thinking of getting a terminal server and some modems for this.

The possible senario will then be:
	1) Users dial-in with a comms prog and gets connected to a UNIX
	   host as dumb terminals - that'll work ok.

	2) Users dial-in with PPP and SL/IP and become remote nodes

	3) Users dial-in with PPP and become remote IPX nodes.

My question: will 2 and 3 work or do I need a dail-in router ?
Another one of course is which terminal server will do the job with the
least fuss - I like hacking, but lately hacking commercial 'solutions'
have been keeping my away from my BSD box!

Cheers
Ernst
--
Ernst J. du Toit (TED5)           Internet: ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za
School of Electrical Engineering  BELTEL  : 175250 / Amateur Radio: ZR1ABB