Subject: Re: new version of gcc for NetBSD
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/1995 22:16:53
> Oh, while I'm on the subject of gcc ... should I just be able to use
> gcc 2.6.3 to compile other programs (with shared libraries)?.  Are
> there any local hacks that need to be in place before I can use a
> stock 2.6.3?

You should be able to use a stock 2.6.3.

There is problem with config/netbsd.h that surface when you try to
build a cross compiler for NetBSD targets.  I sent in a patch; and
have been told that it was integrated.  I'll confirm it when the next
snapshot is released.  This should definately be fixed by the time the
next public release is made.

I have a personal interest in making sure that GNU toolchain can be
used to cross compile for NetBSD targets.  Building on a 4MB, 16MHz
Sun 3/50 isn't much fun, I'd rather use my 32MB, 50MHz i486.

Also, there was a problem on the i386 with ldexp.c.  I just checked in
a fix, so you shouldn't have problems if you sup tomorrow.

	--jtc