Subject: Re: gc malloc, lint...
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/1995 00:44:36
> There's an ANSI lint out there which depends (if you have < 100 megs of
> memory) on a garbage collecting malloc.  I think I've tweaked the malloc
> to Do The Right thing, but I'm not sure; does anyone know a good portable
> (within NetBSDs) way to find out where the data segment starts?

Try Hans Boehm's garbage-collecting malloc, available from:

It's already ported to NetBSD/i386, and works - it's used as part of
the Sather compiler.

Alistair G. Crooks (			   +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.
[These are only my opinions, and certainly not those of Amdahl Corporation]