Subject: Re: "make" fails from /usr/src (hacker seeks clue, film at 11)
To: None <email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Open Carefully -- Contents Under Pressure <email@example.com>
Date: 02/08/1995 12:51:04
Clue received, but still puzzled. I'll take it off line.
#define AUTHOR "firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)"
* Well, I *just* compiled libc on one of my machines, and unless it's lying
* to me, it worked just fine. This does not surprise me.
* Of course, it's clear why you're losing. To refresh your memory:
* Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 00:54:20 -0500
* >From: "Charles M. Hannum" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Message-Id: <199501130554.AAA29065@duality.gnu.ai.mit.edu>
* To: email@example.com
* CC: Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU, firstname.lastname@example.org,
* email@example.com, current-users@NetBSD.ORG
* In-reply-to: <199501130154.RAA21738@lonewolf.ithaca.com> (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Subject: Re: `use sup' not tar balls ....
* For what it's worth, I have a shell script suite which takes, as input,
* the output of the nightly CVS run, and generates a list of files to
* retrieve via anonymous FTP.
* That is a *very* bad idea. Do *not* do it. Should the CVS update
* happen to be aborted for any reason, you will miss some of the files
* that have been updated.
#undef AUTHOR /* "email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org)" */
______________ ___ ________ _____WHO: Greywolf (unto death)
/ ___\ _ \ __\ V / \ / /__ \| | __/WHAT: UNIX System Mangler...er, Admin
\ \| | < _| ` ' \ '` / \/ /|_| _/ WHERE: Ithaca SW, 1301 Marina Village Pkwy
\___|_|\_\__\|_| \/\/ \__/___/_| Alameda, CA 94501 (415) 332-2344 x7255