Subject: XFree86 3.1.1?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/1995 22:05:16
Ok, can somebody explain this to me?

I ftp to ftp.xfree86.org, and I get notice that it is open only to official
3.1.1 mirrors.  I say "ah, so XFree86 3.1.1 is out".  I try all mirrors - they
only have 3.1 (This is on Friday).

On Saturday I notice that sunsite has a 3.1.1 directory.  I go in there and
read the README's and release notes for the NetBSD version.  There isn't a
binary version for NetBSD, so I decide to wait.

Today, that directory is gone from sunsite.

I've seen conflicting reports on the net as to whether or not 3.1.1 has been
released ... has it?  I didn't see an official announcement, but my news
connection has been fluctuating as of late.  (Sorry if I seem eager, but
according to the README.late file, this version has a fix for the Mach32
font cache problem).

--Ken