Subject: Anyone got -current running on a Fujitsu M2624F-512?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/1995 18:39:15
I've got NetBSD-current running on some pmaxes. I
find that I need to turn off write clustering on ALL the
drives I have, or I get panics from the pmax scsi driver.

Does anyone have Netbsd-current (or 1.0, if that has write
clustering) running on a Fujitsu M2624F-512 (rev 0304)?

If so, that would be strong evidence that it's the pmax scsi driver
that's at fault, rather than the drive itself not handling
write-clustering.

The drive was purchased from R-Squared and runs just perfectly happily
with Ultrix 4.2a or SunOS 4.1.3_U1, but panics with NetBSD/pmax,
unless I disable write clustering. I'm fairly sure SunOS' unified
vm/buffer cache supports write clustering...