Subject: Anyone got -current running on a Fujitsu M2624F-512?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/1995 18:39:15
I've got NetBSD-current running on some pmaxes. I
find that I need to turn off write clustering on ALL the
drives I have, or I get panics from the pmax scsi driver.

Does anyone have Netbsd-current (or 1.0, if that has write
clustering) running on a Fujitsu M2624F-512 (rev 0304)?

If so, that would be strong evidence that it's the pmax scsi driver
that's at fault, rather than the drive itself not handling

The drive was purchased from R-Squared and runs just perfectly happily
with Ultrix 4.2a or SunOS 4.1.3_U1, but panics with NetBSD/pmax,
unless I disable write clustering. I'm fairly sure SunOS' unified
vm/buffer cache supports write clustering...