Subject: slip hangs
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Nelson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 02/03/1995 12:39:24
I'm having a problem with slip...
- NetBSD/i386, 386sx25, 8Megs ram, 1 serial card, 1 ether card
operating as a gateway between the slip connection and the
- The other end of the slip link is an Annex-3 terminal server.
- Slip link is established and works for a short period of time
(We have had it work for several hours ...)
- When the slip link quits working (pinging the other end of
the slip link looses all the packets) slattach can not be
killed. It never quits even thought the E flag is on in ps(1).
- The link quits faster if routed is run with "-s" instead of
- We have tried at least two different serial cards.
Has anyone had this happen? Any clues as to what is wrong?