Subject: Re: ip filters
To: Darren Reed <>
From: Peter Galbavy <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1995 07:54:25
> > I am working on a firewall filter system for NetBSD.  I still need
> > to add a few things before it's ready for public consumption.
> I've written one myself, but it doesn't use the inbuild BPF and not
> really worthwhile where BPF is available.
> Someone mentioned they had already written one to use BPF and had some
> patches ready ?

We are using screend, which is OK but has some restrictions on what
can and can't be filtered (IP options aren't supposed to get through,
but do).

Minimal (but non-trivial) changes were required. I can maybe put
together a set of files/diffs for NetBSD. This involves finding
time :(

Peter Galbavy					work:
Wonderland					rest:
"The 'net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore