Subject: Re: Archie-Clients
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/1995 13:45:09
While really really bored, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> >So far as I can tell, FSP exists purely so that people transfering
> >porno gifs can avoid firewall routers.
> Really?  Last time I had looked at FSP, it was used pretty exclusively for
> people pirating PC and Amiga games.  I'm not sure if porno gifs is a step
> up or down from that :-)

Actually, I believe it's fallen out of favor for both, it seems to have
all but died.  At one point, major FTP sites had installed fspd (such
as taxus, tsx-11, etc.) which is when I installed FSP, but to be honest I
haven't used it in a year or so.  I really wish I hadn't started this
conversation now , but I suppose I'll be less fervent when advocating things I
don't completely understand :) (networking protocol class is next semester)
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Just the vax-man.  Read my MIPS, no new VAXes!        - PGP key on request