Subject: Re: Kernel debugging
To: None <Mark_Weaver@BROWN.EDU>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/1995 18:44:51
> Can someone tell me what kernel debugging facilities exist in
> NetBSD-current? I have a terminal connected over a serial port,
> and would like to debug some problems that occur during autoconfiguration
> after pc0 and com* have been successfully configured.

DDB is really your best friend at this time...  8-)

> Also, how does one configure a serial port to be the console?

take a look in the 'KICKME' kernel config file.

i'm devoting two serial lines on another machine to it:
one for tip to console, the other for remote power cycle.

note also that the boot blocks (if compiled with '-DSERIAL') will send
output to what the bios thinks is COM1...

chris