Subject: Re: mosaic
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <r-boni@uiuc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/1995 18:23:56
In message <199501242310.SAA07339@epiwrl.entropic.com>, Ken writes:

-> In case y'all are wondering, I tried building Motif 1.2.3 with X11R6, and I
-> ran into some hairy problems.  Otherwise I would have build Mosaic for
-> XFree 3.1.  If I get some free time, I'll try fixing those problems -
-> otherwise it won't come from me.  Sorry.

3 Things:

(1)	I have 1.2.3 built on my -current machine [-current as of about last
	week, X11r6 in form of XFree 3.1] and can build a static version of
	whatever the newest Mosaic version is...

	Should a -current static executable work OK on vanilla 1.0?  I hope so,
	and unless someone tells me it won't I'll try to get this done Friday
	or the weekend and drop it off with the folks who have been keeping the
	previous binaries [Jason Thorpe, I believe...].

(2)	Would a static wrt. to Motif version work for 1.0, assuming I build with
	the new ld gcc and company?  I assume not, but if someone can contradict
	me, I'll build the semi-dynamic version as well.

(3)	What problems are you seeing with 1.2.3, Ken?  I've had it working for
	quite a while now [since before Thanksgiving, I think]

							--rafal

| In search of the stress-strain relationship governing  |/|       Rafal Boni |
| students of mechanics... Experimentally.               |\|  r-boni@uiuc.edu |