Subject: Re: SCSI problems
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/1995 19:46:58
[For future reference, problems specific to -current should be sent to
`current-users', not `netbsd-users'.]

   uha0 at isa0 port 0x330-0x33f irq 11
   scsibus0 at uha0
   probe(uha0:0:0): timed out AGAIN
   probe(uha0:0:0): timed out AGAIN

I just tried this on a 14f and I can't reproduce it.  I gather you're
using a 34f.

You could add some debugging code in u14_poll():

                if (inb(iobase + U14_SINT) & U14_SINTP)
                        u14intr(uha);
+		printf("sint=%02x\n", inb(iobase + U14_SINT));
                if (xs->flags & ITSDONE)
                        return 0;

This will generate a ream of output, but the value of that register
might indicate what's wrong.

   and it just hangs there.  Here's is the config file I'm using with
   the comments stripped out.  It's based on the SUN_LAMP config,
   since ALL is very out of date.

The `ALL' config doesn't even exist any more.  You must not be using
the `delete' option in your sup file.