Subject: Re: kernel-by-email, useful?
To: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/1995 08:57:42
>I sup every night, and through a slight kluge I can receive email to my
>local machine.  I am thinking of offering a mail-server so that people
>could send config.new-style config files to here and get i386 binary
>kernels (of a current nature) back (since my machine sits idle, mostly).
>They could either be uu-mailed, uu-mailed chopped, or available through FTP
>(with some effort on the receiver's part).  Does anyone think this would
>be a worthwhile service to offer?

I thought about doing this as well.  My machine sits idle a lot, and
it may as well be doing something useful rather than wasting cycles.

I never even started on anything to do this, however.  Are there any
security problems, like can someone include an arbitary file or
something gross like that?

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>       NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!