Subject: Re: Source portability ?
To: JOCHEN BUEHLER <buehler@chclu.chemie.uni-konstanz.de>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/1995 09:06:41
>I'm seeking help in my effort to recompile a program already running
>on my NetBSD-Amiga A4000 for a NetBSD-i486 PC.
>The sources compile and link fine on both machines but the resulting
>program only executes on the amiga.
>On the PC I get a "cannot allocate memory" error when I try to
>start the program (both machines run NetBSD1.0-release, same memory
>configuration).
>If somebody is willing to offer help, I'll happily supply all
>infos requested !

Are you allocating a huge block of memory like this?

main(...)
{
	char buffer[16384];
}

or something?  If so, use malloc instead if you can.  If not, can you
mail me the program and I can peek at it?

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>       NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!