Subject: group-quotas
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/1995 12:55:39
I've been running quotas for some time now and the
user-quotas seem to work fine. i.e. I can login
as 'dumbo' create a file and see that quota -v
has risen. If I write to much quota will complain.
All my users have gid=110 and etc/group lists

users:*:110:

But I want to limit my users to a certain accumulated
amount for their home disk and for the /var partition (mail)

If I run quotacheck -a with quotas being off then
quota -g -v users will list:
Disk quotas for group users (gid 110):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
           /var    5628       0       0              35       0       0
          /home  158243       0       0            3533       0       0
but if I turn quotaon -a then
quota -g -v users will list:
Disk quotas for group users (gid 110):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
           /var       1       0       0               1       0       0
          /home       0       0       0               0       0       0

If I run quotacheck -a while quotas are on then it will list the correct
values again while quotaon -a. edquota can be run with quotas on or off
and will create different limits for each. The values of usage are only
updated when quotacheck is run and the limits don't take effect for any
user writing over them.

What am I doing wrong ?
--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"