Subject: kernel-by-email, useful?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/1995 20:58:50
I sup every night, and through a slight kluge I can receive email to my
local machine.  I am thinking of offering a mail-server so that people
could send config.new-style config files to here and get i386 binary
kernels (of a current nature) back (since my machine sits idle, mostly).
They could either be uu-mailed, uu-mailed chopped, or available through FTP
(with some effort on the receiver's part).  Does anyone think this would
be a worthwhile service to offer?
There would, of course, be no promise that you will get anything back,
due to any number of reasons, but for people w/o much disk space for source,
it might be nice.  Any problems with this?
(please don't send requests yet :)
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Just the vax-man.  Read my MIPS, no new VAXes!        - PGP key on request