Subject: Re: `use sup' not tar balls ....
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <email@example.com>
Date: 01/13/1995 13:09:07
* For what it's worth, I have a shell script suite which takes, as input,
* the output of the nightly CVS run, and generates a list of files to
* retrieve via anonymous FTP.
* That is a *very* bad idea. Do *not* do it. Should the CVS update
* happen to be aborted for any reason, you will miss some of the files
* that have been updated.
Do you mean if the CVS update is not posted that I will miss some of the
No; that's not what I wrote.
If the transfer fails (I check the transfer by seeing what's there and
diffing it against what is *supposed* to be there), I just restart it.
That's not what I wrote, either.
I wrote, `Should the CVS update happen to be aborted for any reason,