Subject: Re: Time zones?
To: None <mellon@vix.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/12/1995 14:38:26
> I'm finally running on NetBSD binaries, and now I'm having an
> annoying problem in that it doesn't seem to know what time zone it's
> in, even though it's compiled into the kernel.

I don't think the kernel's timezone is used for anything but
compatability with _really_ old binaries.

> Is there something obvious that I need to configure and am just not
> finding in the man pages?  Obviously I haven't been able to run the
> installation scripts yet...

/etc/timezone or /etc/zoneinfo or something like that.  You need to
make a (sym)link from some known pathname to the appropriate file for
your location's timezone rules.  In my case this would be something
like Canada/Eastern, for example.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu