Subject: Re: wu-ftpd?
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@ksu.ksu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/1995 13:49:36
Verily did "John F. Woods" write:

> Does anyone have the WU ftpd running under -current?  I have it compiled, but
> it is prone to coredumping, and I haven't had time to look into why.  If no
> one else has gotten this working, then when I have it set I'll be happy to
> make it available.

I haven't managed to get it to work properly, and I have talked to at
least two others on irc (one i386, and one Amiga) that have not
successfully compiled it, and this is with NetBSD v1.0.

The problem was that it would coredump immediately after the first
file transfer.

None of the people that I talked to wanted/needed the extra features
bad enough to debug the problem (beyond fixing all compiler warnings).

If someone does have a working wu-ftpd, I would like a patch-diff,
please.  :>

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@ksu.ksu.edu      Life: Rob@Manhattan.Kansas.USA.Earth

"Life's a journey, not a destination."  -- Aerosmith (1993), 'Amazing'