Subject: Re: Why are there two 4.4BSD dev. groups
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1995 20:30:04
This is probably more a political subject than OS fixes, but I'd like to see
non-core members work to port packages such that they use the relatively cool
system makefiles.  I'm not sure if CVS is completely up to the job, but it
would be nice to track changes over versions.  Of course, the system makefiles
could use a few additions, especially if we can convince the authors to provide
compatible makefiles or actually use compatible makefiles & supply equivalents
to /usr/share/mk for those unfortunate enough to not have them.
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Just the vax-man.  Read my MIPS, no new VAXes!        - PGP key on request