Subject: Packaged for NetBSD (Was: Why are there two 4.4BSD dev. groups)
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
From: David Brownlee <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1995 14:58:43
	I fully agree that NetBSD needs something like the Linux & FreeBSD
	binary archives (Tho' as I use the sparc NetBSD this is not likely
	to be a major win for me unless there are source archives as well :)

	But I think there also needs to be a few more programs supplied
	with the base release - some form of shell with command line
	editing (such as tcsh or bash) would really help the immediate
	perception of NetBSD. Other obvious additions might be perl,
	top, screen, and a simple mail front end like pine.

	Would it be possible for someone in the core team to comment as to
	why this is a bad idea (to shut me up :), or if its likely to
	happen?

		David

  D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk (MIME). Network Analyst. Postmaster. Hostmaster.
              (>=-=<)   Telephone: (+44) 171 477 8186.   (>=-=<)
  Computing Services, City University, Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB.
  \ Gratuitous advertising      Monochrome BBS      telnet mono.city.ac.uk \