Subject: Re: Packaged for NetBSD (Was: Why are there two 4.4BSD dev. groups)
To: David Brownlee <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@imsi.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1995 13:58:29
David Brownlee says:
> 	But I think there also needs to be a few more programs supplied
> 	with the base release - some form of shell with command line
> 	editing (such as tcsh or bash) would really help the immediate
> 	perception of NetBSD. Other obvious additions might be perl,
> 	top, screen, and a simple mail front end like pine.

I'm not sure about the need to put the others in the base release
(although I must admit to building bash as soon as I get a new machine
over and over again...) but I'd very much like to see Perl in the base
release. Why? Because then I can build lots of nifty installation
tools in Perl, and I couldn't assume that they had perl without it
being in the base release...

Perry