Subject: Re: Why are there two 4.4BSD dev. groups
To: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@nirvana.good.com>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@ksu.ksu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1995 14:58:44
Verily did "Mark P. Gooderum" write:

> The pkg stuff John ported has pkg_add, info, and delete.  They all work
> quite nicely.

Could I get a taste of these, and how they work?  I have a lot of things
compiled for NetBSD/i386, and wouldn't mind bundling them together to be
offered as a package.

> BTW, I created a mailing list, currently only John and myself are on it, but
> this as good a place and time as any to mention it.

I'm on it.  Is there a FAQ for putting packages together?  My personal
opinion is that there should be one so that users can expect consistency
in the packages grabbed, regardless of who put them together (and I would
like a little direction on how to put one together).

That's it for now.  :>

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@ksu.ksu.edu      Life: Rob@Manhattan.Kansas.USA.Earth

"Life's a journey, not a destination."  -- Aerosmith (1993), 'Amazing'