Subject: Nice (brand) EISA mainboard
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@andrews.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/1995 18:17:30
I realize this is NetBSD/i386 specific, but... :-)

I though I read something on the 'net way back about how
the "Nice EISA" motherboards couldn't DMA over 16MB, just
like a regular ISA mb?  Does anyone have any info on this?
I'm *NOT* talking about the "Nice SuperEISA", but the regular
EISA mb with 3 EISA, x ISA slots.
I'm asking because a friend who I installed NetBSD 1.0 for
just upgraded to 32MB of RAM, and his ISA SCSI is, of course,
having problems.  I've rebuilt his kernel hard-coded to 16MB,
but was hoping to put in an EISA SCSI card!
If anyone has any facts, I'd love to hear them!  I have a
sinking feeling that he is screwed, but wanted to confirm
it!

Thanks!

-Andrew