Subject: Re: Why are there two 4.4BSD dev. groups
To: Peter Berger <peterb@telerama.lm.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/1995 16:24:22
>And for the record, I appreciate that these are volunteer efforts, and I
>think both products are superb.  But honesty compels me to observe that
>without the split, the combined product would certainly be better.

The thing which bothers me the most here is that MANY companies which
are producing Linsux (I dislike Linux, btw) products are also
producing BSDI ones.  Some even touch FreeBSD.  When I ask them if
they intend to support NetBSD, they alomst always respond with
``What's that?''

That really bothers me.  Public image is important.  Goals along this
line should be to arrange commonly used packages into some sort of
release system.  Linux has a fairly good one I hear, and so does
FreeBSD.

Also, a nice install program would be a HUGE win.

Of course, I'm not able to work on either, so flame away.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>       NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!