Subject: Re: next release
To: Charles M. Hannum <>
From: Mark F Willey <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1995 17:23:33
"In a previous message, Charles M. Hannum wrote:"
> 8) How about those sound drivers, anyway?  B-)
> 9) How about Bill Wells's serial driver?
> It would be really nice if there was someone else working on i386
> device drivers.

I think I talked to you about this...

I would like to help, but don't know how to write driver code.  I am
planning to take your advice and "just do it" with a scanner I have.  Is
there some way for one to get more "in the loop" with what driver code needs
to be looked at?  I think the major problem is that you need the hardware
in question in order to work on the driver, correct?