Subject: Re: next release
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/05/1995 13:05:54
(I assume complete integration of the 4.4lite userland, but what else?)
Here's what I'd like to see:
1) Do FFS clean flags in a reasonable way. I've been talking with
Kirk McKusick about this, and I have an implementation in the works
that's a bit more comprehensive and a bit more robust than previous
2) Find why cd9660 is not agreeing with NFS on a particular CD-ROM,
and fix it.
3) Finish cleaning up the APM stuff that was submitted, and make it
actually reset device state where necessary (i.e. wd disks with c/h/s
4) Look at and integrate the PCMCIA stuff that was submitted.
5) Finish implementing the new interrupt sharing stuff that I was
6) Implement long file names in msdosfs. (I have *almost* enough
information to do this now.)
7) Finish polishing the new mcd.
8) How about those sound drivers, anyway? B-)
9) How about Bill Wells's serial driver?
It would be really nice if there was someone else working on i386