Subject: Re: cd-player on NetBSD-current/i386 ?
To: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1995 07:33:41
> Has anybody got a CD-Player (music cd's) working under
> NetBSD ? I just tried compiling the commandline-part of
> xmcd (motif unluckily) but it failed, so if anybody has
> a hint or knows a different package, please email me.

Take a look on:

	charon.amdahl.com:pub/agc

where you'll find (amongst others)

-rw-r--r--  1 agc          3311 Oct 25 03:51 cdplay-netbsd.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 agc         11043 Dec  7 07:16 cdplayer.c
-rw-r--r--  1 agc         45034 Oct 17 01:14 xcdplayer-2.2-netbsd.tar.gz

cdplay is a port to NetBSD of a command-line interface Audio CD
player.  Dave Burgess took that and (I think) produced cdplayer.c.
xcdplayer is the X11 interface, originally from the FreeBSD port, but
cleaned up, bugs fixed and made so that FreeBSD *AND* NetBSD are
supported.  No-one on the FreeBSD side was interested in picking up my
NetBSD changes, or, more importantly, the bug fixes.  Sigh.

Alistair

PS.  Whilst I'm here, could someone run the daily CVS update program
(today's produced a core-dump) and create some new tar_files, please?
The ones in the tar_files archive on sun-lamp are a mix of 18th
December and 24th December, and I'd like to pick up the new SCSI
stuff, amongst other things.
--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)			   +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.