Subject: Re: union fs changes
To: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@andrews.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/30/1994 16:58:36

> >it seems to be that the name undelete is ok.  would you
> >have both a file available for undeletion, and a whiteout
> >in existence at the same time?
>
> You could have successive undelete(2) calls.  First one zaps the
> whiteout, the second restores the file.

I'm not really knowledgable on this, but wouldn't the removal of
the whiteout imply the restoration of the file?  I was under the
impression that removing a file from the underlying readonly FS
was what causes the creation of the whiteout?  Wouldn't it follow
that the undelete call does the reverse?
If I'm way off, ignore me.. :-)

-Andrew