Subject: Re: /dev/cuaXX & other things
To: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@austin.brandonu.ca>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/1994 00:28:42
> > BSD != SVR4.
>
> Never said it was.  I said take the idea, and change it, make it better.

And just to change the subject *again*, one of the few things I
*like* about SVR[34] is the /etc/{init.d,rc?.d} stuff. It allows
you to install and deinstall software and have startup/shutdown
scripts added without having to edit a single file, and hope your
changes go in the right place (rc.local or sometimes netstart).

If people are taling about useful changes, then I vote for a bit
of a re-org of the /etc/rc* files. It doesn't have to involve
run-levels 0 to 6 or whatever, but just an ordered way of starting
and stopping system services.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy					work: peter@demon.net