Subject: Re: /dev/cuaXX & other things
To: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@nirvana.good.com>
From: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 12/26/1994 19:14:53
In message <199412212149.PAA03685@nirvana.good.com>, "Mark P. Gooderum" writes:

> 	mkdir /dev/dsk
> 	mkdir /dev/rdsk
> 	ln -s /dev/sd0a /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0
> 	ad. inf.

Arrgh, NO!!!  You do not understand.  I *don't* want to have 100000
files all in /dev.  We have the use of subdirectories, why don't we
use them?  /var and /usr got split up, and everybody thought this was
a good thing.  Why not the same with /dev?  You don't have to go overboard,
but IMHO (may be not so humble anymore ;-)  ), more than a screenfull or
two of files in a directory ('xcept maybe /bin, /usr/bin, etc) is too much.

--Toby.
| Tobias Weingartner | Email: weingart@BrandonU.Ca | Need a Unix sys-admin?  |
| Box 27, Beulah, MB |-----------------------------| Send E-Mail for resume, |
| R0M 0B0, Canada    | Unix Guru, Admin, Sys-Prgmr | and other details...    |
|      %SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown         |