Subject: Re: future NetBSD cpp predefines...
To: Chris G Demetriou <>
From: Ted Lemon <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/22/1994 00:02:53
> what happens when 1.0A becomes 1.0B?  or somebody decides to start
> tracking -current (1.0A)?
> they need to recompile their compiler?  no, i think that's quite
> silly, _especially_ since there already exists a way for them to find
> out the NetBSD version number, as a CPP define.

Actually, the predefines are in a well-known file which could be
updated even without compiler source.  However, I'm perfectly willing
to live with the solution you've chosen...   (long-suffering sigh :')

Ted Lemon
+1 415 477 5045

Fight to preserve your freedom to program: Join the League for
Programming Freedom!   For info, contact