Subject: Re: future NetBSD cpp predefines...
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1994 10:23:22
It might be worthwhile also to #define __NetBSD__ to some value - say,
the major version times 100 plus the minor version.   E.g., 100 for
version 1.0, 101 for version 1.1, 112 for version 1.12, et cetera...
I'm not sure what the planned numbering scheme is - for example, what
would 1.0a translate to.   However, something that allowed us to
figure out what version of NetBSD we're compiling for would probably
be useful in enough cases to justify doing it.

Gcc currently does something similar with __GNUC__ - its value is
currently 2.   __GNUC_MINOR__ is 6.   There's no predefine to
differentiate between 2.6.0 and 2.6.2, though, which I think is a bug.

			       _MelloN_
--
Ted Lemon							 mellon@vix.com
+1 415 477 5045

Fight to preserve your freedom to program: Join the League for
Programming Freedom!   For info, contact lpf@uunet.uu.net.