Subject: CMU SNMP 2 working.
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Dave Burgess <email@example.com>
Date: 12/21/1994 10:48:30
I have finished getting the CMU SNMP server and client working under
The only hitch was a structure called arptab whose structuer was never
defined. To get the source to work, I defined the structure to look
like the one returned from the net ioctls, and pressedon from there. I
also changed all of the __FreeBSD__ references to __NetBSD__ references.
Which brings me to the real point of this message.
There has to be (in my uninformed opinion) a better way to conditionally
include code than all of these #ifdef (__FreeBSD__) || (__NetBSD__)
hacks. Aren't we close enough that there SHOULD be one define that the
three primary choices (NetBSD, FreeBSD, and BSDi) can use to perform
this type of stuff. I mean, its not like we are dealing with stuff cut
from whole cloth.
Anyway. I have the software compiled. As soon as I figure out what to
do with it, I may even test it....