Subject: Re: /dev/cuaXX (Was: Formal getty replacement yet?)
To: None <>
From: Ty Sarna <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1994 23:07:12
In article <>,
matthew green  <> wrote:
>    Matthew> ah, but until recently *only* the i386 port actually used the
>    Matthew> information in /etc/ttys .. now the sparc and sun3 ports have
>    Matthew> it available, but, to my knowledge, none of the others do.
>    What do you mean?  On my amiga it's been used for a while, I'm quite
>    sure.
> ah.. when i last looked the amiga didn't have it (or i didn't look
> at the amiga tree...).  currently the pc532 and mac68k ports have
> some code that doesn't actually do anything (one is commented, and
> the other doesn't change anything in the driver).  so we're still
> left with just sparc, sun3, amiga and i386 doing TIOC[SG]FLAGS.

The Amiga has had the code since at least mid-June, maybe earlier. I did
the [SG]FLAGS code for ser.c and KNFed the driver, and chopps did some
extra cleanup and committed it.

Ty Sarna                 "You know, we live in the age of the superhighway        information network thing..." -- Dave Letterman