Subject: Re: login prompt not coming up in network
To: Ted Lemon <>
From: Michael Graff <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1994 13:39:08
>I've seen some very bizarre behaviour from telnetd on NetBSD,
>particularly with the NCSA Telnet program.   I'm pretty sure most of
>the lossage is in NCSA telnet, but there's definitely somethig about
>4.4bsd telnet (this happens with BSDI too, for example) that makes it
>behave really badly.

Ultrix 4.2 telnet and PHUX (er, HPUX) has some problems as well.  Some
machines even reboot when I telnet to them.  :)

I wonder if the problems all lie in the same area.  The reboot thing
is that the device I'm talking to doesn't understand the IP timestamp
option which NetBSD sends out.

Michael Graff <>       NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!